Thread: DataFlex RC hangs on program startup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DataFlex RC hangs on program startup

Today I uninstalled Beta 2 and installed the RC.

I compiled one of the programs in my workspace and test ran it and it worked fine.

A few hours later I returned to the Studio, selected another program in the workspace, and hit F5. Now the "DataFlex start image with the text - This evaluation license will expire in 60 days" appears - and then it hangs. When trying to stop the debugger in the Studio the Studio is unresponsive and I had to kill it.

I thought it was peculiar that one program compiled and ran without any problems, while the other did not and I think I've found the culprit. The program that didn't start properly uses a "Before Compilation Process:" program in the same workspace "WriteDateTimeHeaderFile.exe". So perhaps that program now all of a sudden needed a separate compilation before compiling the main program?

Nope! That didn't work either. Somehow the "Before Compilation Process" program screws up the compilation/start of my main program and I have no idea why.

If the "Before Compilation Process" is unchecked my program compiles and runs just fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Studio2024Hanged.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	16663  
    Nils Svedmyr
    RDC Tools International
    www.rdctools.com

"The problem with internet quotes is that you don't know if they are true."
    Abraham Lincoln