Try to make a long story short! Have a WebApp that needs to communicate with Quickbooks Desktop. For this setup, Intuit has an App that sits between the WebApp and Quickbooks, no direct communications. The WebApp must talk to this "WebConnector" which then talks to Quickbooks. The WebConnector expects a WebService (WSO) to talk to with about 10 predefined Callback Functions that must be in the WSO. The WebConnector polls the WebService on a specified time schedule (from seconds to minutes). I finally have this working in a test WebApp, Whew!! There is a function "Sendrequest" that is called to determine if there is a "Request" from the WebApp. If so, it expects a qbXML string return from the function describing the request. Finally, but not so short, how best to get the XML string in the function when needed. The only method I can think of is to have a property set and have the function read the property to get the request. Is there a simpler method I am overlooking?

Also, one of the predefined functions that the WebConnector expects for retrieving the last error is "getLastError" which returns a String. However, there is already a function in one of the DF packages that conflicts with this. It returns an Integer and the compiler will not accept this. Any way to work around that as in a struct with a Meta Tag?

Also, I assume that a WSO can be used in a regular WebApp? Have not tried yet, just testing in a WebService by itself.