Hello,

I think the help about Building Server Side Web Services is outdated. Specifically about the supported data types with JSON:

Note that struct data types for input parameters can only be used when calling the web service from a SOAP client. Struct data types for return values can be used with all data formats and clients, including JSON.
Note that arrays for input parameters can only be used when calling the web service from a SOAP client. Array types for return values can be used with all data formats and clients, including JSON.

However, while all types, especially struct/array, can be returned from a web service method in JSON format, only the data types listed in the Fundamental data types section can be used for parameters. In particular, struct/array types cannot be used as input parameters, while they can still be used as output/return type.
When I read those sections I was disappointed. I was looking for the possibility of receiving complex data as JSON...

However, digging a bit more, I found JSON Support. This section of the help says Web Services support JSON-In as well as supporting JSON-out since DataFlex 2012 - 17.1. Cool!

I did a quick test in Postman with the "WebOrder" (CustomerAndOrderInfo.wso) and it works. So, It looks like struct/array types can be used as input with JSON. But I spent a few hours coming to that conclusion...

Updating the doc may help others in my situation.

Regards.