I'm not quite sure how to describe this new problem but I'll give it a try.

I've been using the Polar spell checker, an ActiveX dll. I've been using it with a cDbTextEdit control for years and it works quite nicely. My customer needed to be able to use it with the cDbRichEdit control to take advantage of the rich edit functionality and I figured that I could simply change the class and it would work. Not!

Normally what happens when it's functioning correctly is you right click on a word that's been indicated as being misspelled and you get a little dialog:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polar1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	15520

But in the Rich Edit control I never get the above dialog. There's some code in procedure Mouse_Down2 that decides if the word is in the dictionary or not and if not pops up that dialog.

If you right click on a word that's spelled correctly then you get the traditional copy/paste/etc. floating menu and that works as expected in this case.

This dialog seems to be built into the Polar dll and the polar help is of no help with describing how this is popped up, essentially you don't forward send Mouse_Down2 and the above Corrections dialog just appears... except when you use a cDbRichEdit.

I suspect that no one is going to be able to answer this unless they have experience with Polar, anyone out there with an idea?