Thread: Embedded DB, VDF 19.1, Crystal XI, Terminal Server 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Embedded DB, VDF 19.1, Crystal XI, Terminal Server 2019

Group,

Obviously I know I should be on MSSQL, and move away from Crystal, but as many have said, with 100's of reports to rewrite, it's just not feasible.

We've been running a variety of VDF apps with low number of users per app, fine for years. We're now trying to go from Terminal Server 2012 to TS 2019 and a Printer Redirection problem now exists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	15667 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	15666

• On the new TS 2019, when reports are printed directly from a menu item (the report goes to the Crystal viewer), the Redirected Local Printer is Checked and Selected, so the report goes where desired. (Pic#1)
    • When the Report is printed from the Print Button on the View (pic#3), the print job does NOT go to the Redirected default printer, it goes to the last Server Printer (even though all redirected printers show correctly in Windows Printers & Devices).
    • When the View Button is clicked from the entry screen, the Redirected Default Printer shows, but is NOT selected (Pic #3).

Any ideas where I can look? I haven't programmed in years, and my network guys don't know VDF. This all worked perfectly on TS2012.

Thanks in Advance,
    Leslie Stewart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture3.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	15668  
    Leslie L. Stewart
    Director of IT
    Aggregate Management, Inc.