Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a problem with a DF client install at the moment (19.1).

I'm getting a message saying that a version of the client is already installed. (This server has previously had the client installed, uninstalled, and then the workstation registration ran/removed)

Does anyone know what registry setting the installer is checking to see if the client is already installed? Or does it check something else?

Is there documentation anywhere on how to manually remove a client installation?

More context,

We have a customer who has an App server and an RDP server. Both Windows Server 2012.

Our software and the DF client are currently installed on the App server and shared over a network drive to the RDP server.

The customer was complaining of random crashes and after a bit of research we discovered the Server 2012 has an issue with shared resources over a mapped network drive in an RDP environment.

So the decision was made to move the app and the client to the RDP server.

The RDP server has previously had a bad installation of the client installed on it. Someone attempted to install the Web App Server locally on the RDP but put the DF folder on a mapped network drive from the App server. So the installer was ran on the RDP server, but when asked for the folder to install the client, the engineer chose the mapped network drive from the App server. This caused problems. The install should have been done on the App server and shared out as normal.

That was somehow removed from the RDP server. But I'm not sure exactly what was done. I think there were problems removing the install using the uninstaller.

Then it had the workstation installer ran to register the client from the network installation on the App server as would normally be done in this setup.

So, a bit of a mess really.

This bug with Windows Server 2012 means that we need to move the DF client installation back to the RDP server (properly this time) so it's not being loaded over the network drive.