Thread: Selection List frustration to the max

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Selection List frustration to the max

Hello,

I am working on a project initially ported from VDF14.1 to VDF19.1.
    In one of the views, the selection list refuses to popup, the main view is trying to setup a property of the list so it constrains the records, but any attempt to setup the property always ends up with the same error.
    The list is not deferred, but no matter what, when I try setting up this property, I am always getting the same error, "Error 98. Invalid Message Set_psModule".

Just to be on the safe side (?), I have I have created again a simple master/details view and a new selection list using the wizard, and I have changed the reference to the selection list reference inside the DataDictionary, to the new list.
    In this new view and new SL, I have also removed all the subclasses used and I am using VDF plain vanilla classes. Unfortunately, nothing has changed, and I can't understand why despite the endless hours spent on this ridiculous issue.

I am attaching 3 snapshots, as well as the view and the list source code, the selection list has been renamed to .pkg because it wouldn't allow me to upload it as an .SL file.

- Snapshot #1 is the view trying to popup the selection list, with the error
    - Snapshot #2 is the Procedure Prompt of the view, trying to set the property's value.
    (I have tried both above and below the Forward Send, since the list is modal I have set up the properties before, without any issues)
    - Snapshot #3 is the DD where the list is used for the field

Any help or suggestion that could help me get out of this embarrassing misery is more than welcome :-)

Yannis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	15117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	15118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	15119  
    Attached Files Attached Files