Hi All,

I have a WebApp that I developed for a client several years ago running under v 19.0 . Recently I have had to go in daily around the same time and restart that WebApp , as we are experiencing woeful response times . This only started occurring a few weeks ago, and I haven't made any changes to their software .

Over the weekend I installed new database drivers and rebuilt the MS-SQL indexes for that WebApp , hoping that it may contribute to resolving the issue, but it's made no difference. I also enabled monitoring under AWS for the server to try and pickup any discrepancies , The memory and CPU usage during that time seems fine . The server setup is an AWS t3.large running Windows with SQL Server Web, 8 gig of memory and 2 cpu's. I am a bit lost to what could be causing this . Process pooling is on with a minimum of 5 to 10 .. There is also no error in the WebApp event log , nor in event viewer other than when I restart the WebApp application itself.

Is there anything else that anyone can recommend I check , which may lead to tracking down what it is that is slowing the WebApp down..

Regards,
Sam