Thread: Responsive Design Boundaries

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Responsive Design Boundaries

Hi Henri

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying, with so many varying device sizes there's only so much you can do.

Even though more to maintain I threw the tabletMini mode suggestion in there because in our 'one' case we would design screens for just 2 sizes; one for mobile and tablet mini, and one for tablet and desktop - to me these are the natural 2 groups, at least in landscape mode.

I don't mind controls stretching and whitespace, i.e. mobile going up to tablet. However we have the opposite problem, we have designed a screen to look good in desktop and tablet (landscape), and a different design for mobile. The problem is we now have a phone that goes into tabletLandscape mode - this causes us a problem as all the controls shrink, rather than stretch and have whitespace. When designing a view for a tablet in landscape mode I expect a certain amount of realestate to be available and not have to fit on a 'larger' mobile that think's it's a tablet size. I imagine more newer mobile's are going to do this.

Without adding a fourth mode, could the existing margins be adjusted slightly or be exposed to stop a mobile going to a tablet mode?
    Last edited by Tom Murphy; 9-Aug-2021 at 03:17 AM.
    Cheers,

Thomas Murphy
    Triumph Business Systems Pty Ltd
    www.triumph.com.au