19.1, Win10 64. As usual, SDI.
I frequently create simple utilities with a standard format, basically a view with a single button to execute something. One such utility used to work just fine. I added another button and it compiles fine, then exits immediately. Thoroughly checked the code, remmed out a few bits including all the new stuff, no joy. DOA.

Changed to another, identical .src and USEd the view in that. Works as expected.

Copied the working .src over the 'broken one', compiled again, exits immediately.

I've tried breakpoints all over the place but can't seem to step to where it exits.

I have a workaround, obviously, but anybody got any ideas in case this happens when it matters?

breaks under 20.0 and on a 32 bit win10 too.
this runs...
Code:
// Utility - plug in a function

Use PreCompileForVersionB.pkg //uses KFUser to identify operator //picks the correct precompile for the DF version, allows us to share Appsrc
//
Object oMain is a cMainPanel
    Set Size to 265 387

Object oClientArea is a ClientArea
        Set Color to clWhite
        //Use Util_CountDB.vw //count database tran file sizes by tran type and year
        Use Util_TrimDB.vw    //to remove records prior to a given date for various files
       // Use Util_CheckYTD.vw
    End_Object
    //Use Exit_Application_Atom.pkg //exit application is modified to clear the Atom  started in the precompilekirknet code for regular users

End_Object

Send activate_util of (oClientArea(oMain))   //activate the correct view

Start_UI
This doesn't...
Code:
// Utility - plug in a function

Use PreCompileForVersionB.pkg //uses KFUser to identify operator //picks the correct precompile for the DF version, allows us to share Appsrc
//
Object oMain is a cMainPanel
    Set Size to 265 387

Object oClientArea is a ClientArea
        Set Color to clWhite
        //Use Util_CountDB.vw //count database tran file sizes by tran type and year
        Use Util_TrimDB.vw    //to remove records prior to a given date for various files
       // Use Util_CheckYTD.vw
    End_Object
    //Use Exit_Application_Atom.pkg  //exit application is modified to clear the Atom  started in the precompilekirknet code for regular users

End_Object

Send activate_util of (oClientArea(oMain))   //activate the correct view

Start_UI