That was the first thing I checked; it shows 254. Of course my CODEMAST.FD is fine, it's the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlex 19.1\Lib that is screwed up. It's dated 5/17/2021. So it has changed recently; I have a vague recollection of outputting the FD's from Database Builder (don't remember why) but I had no idea it was updating the copies in C:\Program Files (x86)\DataFlex 19.1\Lib .

And dtallent.pkg was precompiled after that happened.

The fundamental problem appears to be that one workspace has CODEMAST and CODETYPE at the old locations 207/208 and one workspace has them at the new locations 253/254. One of those things that doesn't cause a problem until it does.

The workspace that has them at 207/208 of course doesn't use them so it should be safe to put them back the way they were and re-precompile.

I think the lesson is that there is actually one true copy of CODEMAST.FD and it's not the one in your workspace. Also while the Studio might support different workspaces having the tables in different filelist slots, but at runtime it doesn't work unless the tables are embedded.