Thread: suggestion: Studio Tabs

Default suggestion: Studio Tabs

Maybe this is already in there but if so I didn't see it, or maybe I asked before, or maybe it's just Monday...

Could we have an option to sort the source file tabs alphabetically, whethermultiline tabs or otherwise? When I have 30 tabs open and add another the studio shifts things around and I often (usually) can't find the tab I was previously working in. I recall the late lamented MultiEdit once did this.
    I should be on a beach ...

Default Re: suggestion: Studio Tabs

Dave,

As an alternative you could go to the 'Window' pulldown and choose the number 2 of the list of open tabs. That should bring you back to the previous tab.
    Kind regards,

Hans van de Laar
    Data Access Europe

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Dave

Not exactly whay you want, but: open File Navigator (Menu --> View --> File Navigator); opened files are displayed in alphabetical order; double click gets you to the tab it is open in.

Mike

I asked for this "feature" a number of years ago I think when this version of the Studio first came out and Stephen came up with a bunch of reasons why it couldn't be done, none of which I now remember. The point is, don't hold your breath waiting on this...
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Do or do not. There is no try. — Yoda

Dave,

You can re-order tabs by dragging the tab button to a new position. I don't think re-order - alphabetically - is really a good option as you loose the focus as well.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong

I'd still like an alpha sort. Multiedit did it and Notepad++ still does. I don't have Hammer and VSCode on this machine bit IIRC one of those does too. However Hans' solution solves the scenario I was facing so thanks to him.

(Yet another Studio feature I'd missed - never noticed the sequence of windows)
    I should be on a beach ...

Dave,

Quickly looked at CodeJock's documentation and there is no function to sort. There is a constant that tells where to insert a new tab. This does not mean it is not possible at all but it requires some (a lot?) of work.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong