Hi Ben,

I find your question ambiguous, so I’ll answer all the possibilities I can think of.

You define filters on table.columns, not rows. When you choose a multi-select filter and the user highlights multiple values in it, then Dynamic AI generates in its query: Where Column_Name IN ('Val1','Val2','Val3'). Then any row in the result set having any of those 3 values in the filtered column will be selected.

If you want to use a dyn-view parameter, then you would manually write a where clause in the view -- and instruct you users how they need to delimit their entries properly. (There is a convoluted, complicated way to attach a selection list to a parameter but its too involved to explain here.)

If you want to make an enforced filter based on user-profile then use Alias Bundles. That's basically defining a set of values with a common key (think Codemast), and then setting the user-profile alias to the key value. You define the bundle of values in the system, system, security tab page. There you can specify the data source for the values and the columns for the key and the value. At runtime Dynamic AI assembles the list of values for the given key and generates a where clause using the IN (value list) syntax.

If you want to search for a substring within all the string columns within a data source then you use 'FREE SEARCH' that Dynamic AI by default makes available in every report.

This video demonstrates these and other advanced techniques: Adaptive, Embedded, Web-based Reporting (38 min.)

Bob