Thread: Child Dynamic Objects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Child Dynamic Objects

Hi,

I am testing the dynamic objects and was able to create one. It works ok, but any one of the child objects does never render. I tried send activate to them, but errors... I am not sure how to render them, I see that there are a "DynamicChildren" and "CreateChildren" procedures, but they have no documentation and anything I tried does not seem to work. Does anyone have any sample of how to use them?

Thank you!
    Oscar Mintegui

Default Re: Child Dynamic Objects

have you ever looked at the learning center's lessons ?

There are two videos/lessons there, one Dynamic Objects Library and Advanced Dynamic Objects

They should cover the basics you need
    Samuel Pizarro

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Pizarro View Post
    have you ever looked at the learning center's lessons ?

There are two videos/lessons there, one Dynamic Objects Library and Advanced Dynamic Objects

They should cover the basics you need

Thank you for that Samuel... I just finished watching both of them and in no moment they talk about children objects.
    To clarify:
    My Dynamic object class has in turn objects inside (It is based on a cWebGroup and inside there are six buttons, one timer, two forms and on htmlbox)
    When I activate (render) the dynamic object, only the cWebGroup gets render, all the children are not.

Regards,
    Oscar Mintegui

I figured it out... It was hard to figure the order of creation since it seems that buttons had to be created before the htmlbox or they were not render. Not an issue for what I am doing.
    I do have a problem with the Destroying of the dynamic object, the parent object is a cWebGroup and when I destroy it all the children get destroyed correctly, but the label for the cWebGroup stays.

Below is an image of my test view with three instances created. Pretty cool class the Dynamic Objects!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimeEntry.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	14231

Regards,
    Oscar Mintegui

Very nice Oscar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Piccioni View Post
    Very nice Oscar!