Hello Eric,
I'm responding primarily to your use of the term Dataflex AI. You won't find any such term anywhere in DataFlex's documentation. I think you might have in mind Dynamic AI which is an entirely web-based business intelligence and reporting platform that requires an SQL data source, i.e. any data source accessible via SQL. While this could be as simple as an Excel sheet, even a CSV file, since ODBC drivers are available for such, obviously the expectation is use with a real SQL database such as MS-SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc. As such I have to admit I don't grasp the requirement. The user who is consuming the output from a dynamic report only sees the output, not the processing logic that was executed on the SQL server to generate the results -- unless the developer wants to make that visible to the user. The user has no direct access to the underlying data sources unless the developer chooses to make those available. The output travels from the server to the user over the cloud using SSL -- and/or inside a VPN -- so who cares if the database on the server is encrypted? I must be missing the real-world use-case here -- unless it is that the needed processing is expected to occur on the client. That's not how Dynamic AI works.
Regards,
Bob