Thread: Invalid TLV Record

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Invalid TLV Record

I have a client that uses TSPlus to use the system allocated on a server with Windows Server 2019, the system runs on DataFlex 19.0 using Crystal Reports XI, and for some users the error "Invalid TLV Record" occurs. The error correction is only applied by closing the connection with the server and reopening the system.

What catches my attention is that all users are using the system in the same environment, with the same applications and the error happens randomly, at different times and for different users (only one or two users have a problem and they are not always the same).

When this error occurs, Crystal is unable to open the report (and warns that the .rpt file was not found). The system is used by thirty simultaneous users. Does anyone know what I can do or why the error occurs?

Edit: Reports use connection via .ttx files. I have already had this same problem on another client, on a single station (they also use Windows Server 2019 and TSPlus for connection), but there are only seven users and the problem is solved by just closing the connection with the server and reopening it, the other users do not present any failure (all in the same environment, with the same applications). Crystal Reports is not installed on the workstations (the application does not run on the local computer), only on the server.

Regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2020_11_18T11_42_37_563Z.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	14108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2020_11_18T11_43_37_563Z.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	14109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2020_11_18T11_44_37_563Z.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	14110  
    Last edited by Eduardo Schuvartz; 18-Nov-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

Default Re: Invalid TLV Record

Before someone comes along telling you that XI is hopelessly outdated, I'll toss out a thought. I have a customer that uses it & while they don't use TTX files, Windows Updates caused many users to get "Unable to open report" errors with a similar Com Object error this summer. I tore my hair out (& there's not a lot left to tear out!) trying to figure it out & was not able to fix it (other than by restarting the application - and even that did not always work). However, a later Update (September IIRC) "fixed" the problem.

So - all that was a long way of saying that it could be a Windows issue if Updates are not completely up-to-date.
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

First, you made me laugh with the hair story

Well, as a first alternative, I will try to contact the person responsible for the server to check for Windows updates. In both cases, the error occurs in Windows Server 2019, I have several clients running on different versions of Windows and I haven't had any problems with the others.

Thanks and I'm open to more suggestions if anyone has.

I had the issue with Windows 10 (desktops). However, Server 2019 is a lot of years after XI came out. Have you always had this issue on the OS - or is it new?
    Garret

This problem is new, in my testing environment, I have used XI several times on a Server 2019 and have never had this problem. However, this has recently started on two clients and on just one or two workstations. This is strange, as it should normally occur at all client stations.

The issues I described above only happened on 20% of the workstations. Windows works in mysterious ways...
    Garret

Eduardo,

Stackoverflow reports missing components on this error (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...in%22%20folder.)
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong