I've read a couple of threads here that have brought up this issue, but the recommended solution is not a good one, so I'm hoping that we have some other way to solve the issue...

I have a rather complicated view with a parent, several children, and a couple of grandchildren tables. None of the defaults defined in the DD for any child or grandchild table appear in DEOs. If I try to use the "Allow_Foreign_New_Save_State" fix, it creates a bunch of issues related to when Should_Save is set or not and is, therefore, not a workable solution. This entry view also controls tab key movement based on data entry rules which are negatively affected when the defaults aren't appearing. Right now, it appears my only solution is to add code to each DEO to handle defaults manually, which is going to add hours to my development and really defeats the purpose of having the defaults set in the DD.

Is there some other solution I've missed? Does anyone have any suggestions? What hair I have left I'd like to keep!

Steve W.
USA Software, Inc.