Thread: Embedded Database (Version 8.0 TP2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Embedded Database (Version 8.0 TP2)

I started testing DF Web / Mobile on my personal computer (DF 19.1 + DF Reports 8.0 TP2) following this material: https://www.dataaccess.com/dataflex/...mobile-191.pdf. I developed my report and it worked perfectly in the DF Reports Preview (all groups and details were displayed correctly), everything was going really well until I tested the Report Wizard integration (on DF), errors started to appear (apparently there was a problem connecting to my Workspace Filelist).

I was unable to generate a preview of the report, and when clicked next, the Media.Type field was listed as Media.Type????, as well as some other fields. Even with these errors I managed to finish the integration through the Wizard, but my files "...ReportResults" and "...ReportSelect" were left with several fields with "?????" so I removed them, leaving everything right and compiled my WebApp.

When testing the report printing in the browser, the errors came back:

First try:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erro1.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	14055

Second try (sometimes other Windows DLLS appeared along with the Filelist error):

Name:	Erro2.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	14056

Every time I tried to print a similar error occurred, so I decided to debug and found this:

Name:	ComDatabaseName.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	14059

Name:	ComDatabaseName2.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	14057

I changed the return to "F:\DataFlex Projects\Media\Data\Filelist.cfg" and got the following error:

Name:	Erro3.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	14060

Does anyone have an idea of what may have happened or what I did wrong? I reinstalled DF Reports four or five times (without copying DF_Collate, copying DF_Collate, installation in the folder, global installation), restarted the computer, changed paths in my Workspace, but the result was always the same.

On my last few attempts, I removed DF Reports 8.0 TP2 and installed version 7.0.1, redid my report, but not everything was resolved, for some reason, only one record of the Media table was displayed, if I left all records with the Media.Type field blank, all records would appear, but there was no filter under that field (I even tried to reindex my tables but not solved it), so I created a new report from the People table and the same thing happened.

So I converted to MySQL, just updated the report's data source and everything worked correctly:

Name:	Report.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	14061

In addition to the DF 8.0 errors I was really confused about the problem of displaying a single record with the Embedded database.
    Note: I haven't tested DF 19.1 + DF Reports 8.0 TP2 with MySQL to see if any errors would happen.

Thanks and sorry for the huge text, but I tried to detail as much as possible to make it easier to understand.
    Last edited by Eduardo Schuvartz; 23-Oct-2020 at 09:03 PM.