Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Embedded Database (Version 8.0 TP2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    9

    Exclamation Embedded Database (Version 8.0 TP2)

    I started testing DF Web / Mobile on my personal computer (DF 19.1 + DF Reports 8.0 TP2) following this material: https://www.dataaccess.com/dataflex/...mobile-191.pdf. I developed my report and it worked perfectly in the DF Reports Preview (all groups and details were displayed correctly), everything was going really well until I tested the Report Wizard integration (on DF), errors started to appear (apparently there was a problem connecting to my Workspace Filelist).

    I was unable to generate a preview of the report, and when clicked next, the Media.Type field was listed as Media.Type????, as well as some other fields. Even with these errors I managed to finish the integration through the Wizard, but my files "...ReportResults" and "...ReportSelect" were left with several fields with "?????" so I removed them, leaving everything right and compiled my WebApp.

    When testing the report printing in the browser, the errors came back:

    First try:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erro1.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	14055

    Second try (sometimes other Windows DLLS appeared along with the Filelist error):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erro2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	14056

    Every time I tried to print a similar error occurred, so I decided to debug and found this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComDatabaseName.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	14059

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComDatabaseName2.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	14057

    I changed the return to "F:\DataFlex Projects\Media\Data\Filelist.cfg" and got the following error:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erro3.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	14060

    Does anyone have an idea of what may have happened or what I did wrong? I reinstalled DF Reports four or five times (without copying DF_Collate, copying DF_Collate, installation in the folder, global installation), restarted the computer, changed paths in my Workspace, but the result was always the same.

    On my last few attempts, I removed DF Reports 8.0 TP2 and installed version 7.0.1, redid my report, but not everything was resolved, for some reason, only one record of the Media table was displayed, if I left all records with the Media.Type field blank, all records would appear, but there was no filter under that field (I even tried to reindex my tables but not solved it), so I created a new report from the People table and the same thing happened.

    So I converted to MySQL, just updated the report's data source and everything worked correctly:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Report.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	14061

    In addition to the DF 8.0 errors I was really confused about the problem of displaying a single record with the Embedded database.
    Note: I haven't tested DF 19.1 + DF Reports 8.0 TP2 with MySQL to see if any errors would happen.

    Thanks and sorry for the huge text, but I tried to detail as much as possible to make it easier to understand.
    Last edited by Eduardo Schuvartz; 23-Oct-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •