Hi,

I've owned Chilkat for just over a year now and have been using it to send emails (with attachments) from MS Exchange, although I had been sending emails using DataFlex's own cMapiHandler for years prior to MS Exchange being adopted.

Anyway, on to my problem. The email is now being migrated from the local server (MS Exchange) to the cloud (Microsoft 365, although former name, Office 365 from what I can gather).

This means, apparently, that I have to use OAuth 2.0 or the Graph v.1.0 API now. Luckily, it appears that Chilkat is compatible with both of these "methods", although I'll be honest; I don't have a clue where to start. They talk about "tokens" (accessing and refreshing them) and all sorts of other psychobabble and the more I read the more confusing it's becoming. BTW, I was using a combination of the examples given under the SMTP example link on the Chilkat website titled "Send Email with Attachments" and "Send Email and put 'Copy' in Sent Folder".

What sort of assistance do I need? Well, someone who has used one of these two methods (OAuth 2.0 or the Graph v.1.0 API).

Chilkat has an example using Office 365 which uses OAuth 2.0 but I do not understand this business about "tokens", when to access them, when to refresh them, etc... or what they are even used for.

Sorry, this post is a mess. I guess what I am asking is a step by step understanding of what I need to do from the point of getting a token, when to refresh such token (what is a token anyway), adding attachments, sending email, making sure sent email is placed into the sent folder, etc... HTML would be nice instead of plain text.