Thread: Dfbtrdrv.int

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dfbtrdrv.int

This post is all about creating a test Pervasive Database, which about every 5 years we attempt and then revert to using test data within the production database. The auditors never notice. Rereading the posts on this subject from those attempts I never really got a grasp on what was required.

Simply copying the files to another server or Folder and adjusting the Dataflex workspace paths doesn't work. The original files are opened.

The DFBTRDRV.INT file, prior to 19.0 was always in the server copy of Dataflex bin/usr etc. We have never specified the DDF_PATH or BTR_PATH statements.

As of 19.0 we stopped using a server-based copy of the Dataflex bin/usr/etc folders, and started using the client install. Now every user has a copy of DFBTRDRV, again not specifying the DDF_PATH or BTR_PATH statements, so I presume the workspace data path controls where BTR and DDF files are sought.

I presume the the first DFBTRDRV.int found in the Data path will be the one that's used, and if we put the DFBTRDRV.int file in the main pervasive data folder then a copy of the database folders becomes a viable database in it's own right?

So, for anyone who has successfully created a PSQL test database, what steps did you follow? Then maybe I can see where we hopped, skipped, or jumped)
    Last edited by DaveR; 8-Aug-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    I should be on a beach ...