Thread: L&L Drilldown or ShellExecute

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default L&L Drilldown or ShellExecute

DF-19.0, L&L-25. I have an existing report that I would like to be able to click somewhere on a report detail line and shell out to a DataFlex view with the invoice number from that line. I looked at the Drilldown functionality and it appears that it's geared only to calling another report form.

I've also seen in the docs that there's an "Export.ShowResult" function but that appears to only apply to exporting the results where what I need should work from preview.

So the question is whether I can do what I need to which seems to be a combination of the above two functions, click on a data element in preview but call a DF view. Is this at all possible?
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Do or do not. There is no try. — Yoda

Default Re: L&L Drilldown or ShellExecute

Hi Bob

The Drilldown Functionality calls another Report preselected with the Selection Values you can define. It is displayed in the same Preview Window and you are able to switch back to the previous Report. You may try to use the OnStartDrilldownReport Notification, open the desired DF View and return any Value except LL_REPORT_USEDEFAULT or 0. Then the Drilldown is not executed.

Never tried that myself, but maybe it should work.

HTH
    Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard, I'll give that a try
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

I think one of the problems is that I'm starting with an existing report that only uses one table, no child, and the table object dialog never offers me the Action/Drilldown Links choice. I tried creating a small child table and relating it to the existing table, complete with DDs, just so there would be a relationship but no joy. I wonder if I needed to do this with a completely new report which isn't really possible here.
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Hi Bob

I just checked through all of my projects and found where I tried to implement a drill down report in the past, but was unsuccessful so abandoned it... Sorry

Thanks for looking, Mike
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Hi Bob

Is the pbUseDrilldown Property set to true? Otherwise drilldown is completely disabled in your Reports.

Regards
    Bernhard

Yes, it's set to true. I got that part to work, got the layout form set up or I think I do but can't at this point get it to call OnStartDrilldownReport. I've got to do some more comparisons to the example to see what I've missed
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com