Thread: Welcome to the DataFlex Hangout!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Welcome to the DataFlex Hangout!

The DataFlex Hangout is our new, informal section of the forums. Almost anything goes - more on that below. The Hangout does not have designated subject matter like the other sub-forums and we do not want to diffuse or take away from the wealth of well-structured information in them, so please keep using the other topical forums as intended.

Various technical and software development matters, especially those outside of the DataFlex domain, are welcome here. For example: "What's your favorite installer tool?" or "Anyone tried the Microsoft Surface Pro 7?" or “I'm new at working from home - Zoom or Teams?" or "Which Git tools are you using?".

This is a "hangout" - topics are not limited to technology or business so relax and socialize, virtually... what's on your mind? In football season, put on your jersey, upload a photo and cheer for your team. Or, start a debate about the shape of a "real" football -- round or pointy? At the end of the day, The DataFlex Hangout will take its own direction and we encourage you to help set it - please participate!

Almost anything goes... (the fine print)
    The DataFlex Hangout is subject to the rules and policies that govern the entire forum - please review them. And, please exclude from the Hangout discussion of both politics and religion.

Years of friendly interaction in these forums confirms that the citizens of the global DataFlex community are well behaved, sensible, intelligent, curious, generous, helpful and fun-loving. Let those be the qualities of the new DataFlex Hangout too.

Welcome and enjoy...
    Regards,

Chip Casanave
    Data Access Worldwide - Miami, FL USA
    Business software for a changing world

Default Re: Welcome to the DataFlex Hangout!

Thanks Chip!

I'm speechless. Literally... but now when I have something to share, I know exactly where I will share it.

I love it ! Thanks Chip
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

No religion or politics? What could possibly go wrong with discussions on those topics?

Thanks Chip!
    Garret

What if UFOs are just billionaires from other planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Garret Mott View Post
    No religion or politics? What could possibly go wrong with discussions on those topics?

Thanks Chip!
    'religion AND politics' is okay though...
    test? it compiles doesn't it?

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Discussions of programming languages almost always acquire religious and/or political characteristics.

My sacred Java is holier than thy accursed JavaScript!

Tabs or spaces
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Look, you have to leave the first four columns blank. Only uppercase characters may be used. Lines cannot exceed 80 characters (where the **** would they go on the **** punch card?). Indentation is for girls!

(Or maybe I should have posted this to the COBOL train thread! )

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill