Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error on 19.1 Studio Install

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

Default Error on 19.1 Studio Install

Hi -

New one for me. As mentioned, latest 19.1 (downloaded today). Server 2016 on a hosted VM.

The install seems to run fine, the Sacred Text compiles & runs fine, as does Web Order. However, the Event Log shows this error 10 times:

The Module DLL C:\DataFlex\Bin64\WasHttpMod.dll failed to load. The data is the error.
    In between, there was an info message saying DF installed correctly + another info message:

The description for Event ID 1 from source DataFlex 19.1 Web Application Server cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
    The host reported that the install shut down their monitoring.

Any ideas? Should I worry about it?

TIA
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Default Re: Error on 19.1 Studio Install

More info: First time I ran the install, I forgot to "Run as Administrator" & installed to the default C:\Program files (x86). 2nd time (after uninstall & a reboot) I ran as admin & installed to C:\DataFlex. Same errors each time.

The host is unhappy as the install seems to have shut down their server monitoring (no idea what it is or why this would've shut it down) & they are bugging me for an answer as to what happened. Any help much appreciated!
    Garret

Quote Originally Posted by Garret Mott View Post
    The host is unhappy as the install seems to have shut down their server monitoring (no idea what it is or why this would've shut it down) & they are bugging me for an answer as to what happened. Any help much appreciated!
    Always difficult to answer questions with incomplete information. What are they using for monitoring (I can come up with a ton of different products and even more manual ways to monitor servers), is their monitoring perhaps depending on IIS running or are they using port 80 or port 443 for their monitoring product?

--
    Wil

Hi Wil -

They believe it was the errors that caused the monitoring software to shut down. My concern here is not so much why their software shut down, but why the 19.1 installer had these errors. I mentioned the "shut down" more to point out the urgency of my issue than to try to understand someone else's software.
    Garret

I've had this once, it was caused by a virus scanner putting a dll in quarantine during the install.

Funny monitoring software that shuts down when there's errors... can only hope it isn't monitoring for errors
    --
    Wil

Now that makes sense - didn't think of that.

Seems I can't access WebRoot (what they use & I know it's picky) - so I'll have to ask them.
    Garret

Yeah. Dunno the whole story. New outfit I haven't worked with before, so we'll see.
    Garret

FYI: you never need to run installations As Admin, they will ask for Admin rights if needed.

Thx Dennis. That's what I thought - but just wanted to be sure since I'd gotten those errors.
    Garret

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast