Thread: Windows server 2019 RemoteAPP splash screen stuck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows server 2019 RemoteAPP splash screen stuck

Hello,
    I have recently migrated a Dataflex 19.0 Windows application from an old Windows Server 2012 to a new Windows Server 2019. In both servers the application is deployed to the clients as Remote App through the Remote Desktop Services.

When the application is executed on clients as RemoteApp pointed to the new Windows server 2019, the splash screen (SplashScreenPanel) still remain visible even if it is closed. On the old 2012 server the splash screen disappears correctly.

The PIC1 shows the splash screen on Windows 10 client that is still visible even if it has been closed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC1 - Spash screen It appears even if it has been closed.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	13583

In PIC2 seems that the splash screen is also able to take the focus ... but it is impossible because it is closed

Name:	PIC2 - Seems to take the focus but it is a ghost.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	13584

PIC3 shows the same application executed direct on server, the same Windows 2019 server. The visualization in this case is correct: the splash screen is not visible.

Name:	PIC3 - Exec on server is correct.png 
Views:	1447 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	13586

I found other forums with the same problem like this, but no at the moment no solution.

I have installations of my DF win apps on Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 and the RemoteApp works correct. The problem appears on Windows Server 2019; I have also reproduced the problem on a couple of virtual machines.

Has anyone a similar experience of Dataflex applications deployed through RemoteApp on Windows Server 2019?

Thank you, regards
    Luca
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC3 - Exec on server is correct.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	13585