Andrew,

Quote Originally Posted by Focus View Post
I've set a break point just after the creation of a dynamic object

Get Create (RefClass(cSomeClass)) to h

Lets say h is 18458

When I open the object tree I can see it is "largely" in id order but I don't see this object in there

I'm sure it probably is there somewhere but I don't seem to have an easy way to find it ?

The other thing is the object inspector is in a modal dialog. I'm sure it is that way because there is a large overhead to building it and it would be difficult to have a live version in a panel ?

I was just trying to see if it could help in finding the occasional missing Send Destroy
There's the "object inspector" which enumerates all objects in your application, if it's dynamically created or not and there's the "Panel inspector" which will only list the statically created objects for the currently selected panel.
In a typically sized application the Panel Inspector is a lot faster, but it can only enumerate the objects that have been created statically (although I think that your deferred objects should still be fine)

The reason for this is how the logic for enumerating the objects works. When objects are created the object id's are incremented and this is used for the logic when the tree is getting built. With a dynamically created object, the object id is higher than the object-id of the last object in that view/panel. As such the panel inspector doesn't know it is a child object. Perhaps at a later stage we can do a sweep over the "objects created after initial creation" to see if they are part of that view/panel, but for the moment you'll have to use the -much slower- object inspector.

Quote Originally Posted by Focus View Post
The other thing is the object inspector is in a modal dialog. I'm sure it is that way because there is a large overhead to building it and it would be difficult to have a live version in a panel ?
It's much too slow for that I'm afraid.

The fastest way to test that part of the code is probably to create a small test application that only contains your logic you want to test.
--
Wil