Just a little oddity I thought I'd mention. A bug? Maybe. Something to watch for, anyway.

Recently I copied a WebApp workspace to a different directory for testing purposes while I continued developing in the original workspace.

I made the copy, registered its web app under a different name and virtual directory (WebAppName_Testing vs. WebAppName_v1) and all seemed OK, until I found that changes to the original were showing up in the testing version. When I stopped the v1 version in WebApp Administrator, the Testing version stopped as well.

Digging around, what seemed to make the difference was a required change to web.config in the Testing version.

It was:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
    <location path="DfResource">
        <system.webServer>
            <dataflexHttpModule application="WebAppName_v1" enabled="true" object="oWebResourceManagerProxy" verbs="GET,POST" errortype="0"></dataflexHttpModule>
        </system.webServer>
    </location>
</configuration>
But needed to be changed to:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
    <location path="DfResource">
        <system.webServer>
            <dataflexHttpModule application="WebAppName_Testing" enabled="true" object="oWebResourceManagerProxy" verbs="GET,POST" errortype="0"></dataflexHttpModule>
        </system.webServer>
    </location>
</configuration>
So beware. I had expected that registering the Testing version would have made that change for me, but it didn't seem to.

Mike