Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Beta/Preview Release of List & Label Library for DataFlex 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First Beta/Preview Release of List & Label Library for DataFlex 2020

Hi

Attached you find the first Beta for the List & Label Library with Unicode and 64bit/32bit Support.

The Library should work with List & Label Versions starting with List & Label 18. I have only tested it with List & Label 24 and 25. The Library is also capable of being used with older DataFlex Versions so you can also use it with i.e. DataFlex 18 too.

Just unzip the Library to any Folder you like, remove the old Library in your Projects and add the new Version again. If you are using 64bit you have to look at the File "Redist.txt" in your List & Label Folder to identify the Dll's needed for 64bit. Normally this is everything you need to do with just a few Exceptions:
    If you are using any direct DLL Calls to List & Label (you can find them by searching LL*Ef) are using WStrings now.
    You have to change your calls to Use WStrings instead of the previously used Pointers to ANSI Strings
    If you are using any of the Functions

• DefinePointerVariable
    • DefinePointerField
    • DefineMemoryVariable
    • DefineMemoryField
    • LLDefineVariableExtHandle
    • LLDefineFieldExtHandle

you have to make sure that the passed Handle is now a Handle pointing to a WString.

I have also implemented a Caching Mechanism to solve an Issue with repeated Get_Attribute Calls to Filelist.cfg Attributes which are failing after a while. Now all needed Attributes are cached in Memory for all open Files at the first Printjob. Files that are not open at this Time are cached on first use.

Please test the Library with your Projects and report any Bugs in the Library Forum.

@DAW: Great work so far, keep on going . The Library Update was quite a Bunch of work and i found no Pitfalls and Bugs so far. Congratulations!

Regards
    Bernhard
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: First Beta/Preview Release of List & Label Library for DataFlex 2020

Thanks Bernhard!

Default Re: First Beta/Preview Release of List & Label Library for DataFlex 2020

Hi Bernhard,

Lots of changes indeed. I noticed that there is a lot of conditional code in there that would seem to imply support for L&L revisions from 15 though 25. Will all the new 64-bit and Unicode functionality actually work with L&L revisions that old?
    Best regards,

-SWM-

Hi Stephen

I always took care to support the older Versions of List & Label to make sure that everyone could use new Library Features without beeing forced to update List & Label immediatly. And since i'm a Fan of "never touch a running System" i decided to stay on this Way, although i already hate the bunch of conditional compilings resulting in a not very clearly Code .

So yes, the Unicode Functionality would also work with really old List & Label Versions. The 64bit part of the Library needs a minimum of List & Label 18.

Just to make sure: Working with such old Utilities is not adviseable and it is not my Intention to make it possible to stay on old an maybe no longer working Revisions, it is just for historical Reasons that it "should" be possible to use these antiques :-D.

Regards
    Bernhard

Hello Bernhard, I am studying L&L and I receive the following error message.

Unable to load DLL CMLS25.DLL.

I didn't find the same.

Do you have any L&L website or blog where I can get more information.

Thanks

Hi

Which Version of List & Label do you have? The Library is built to support not only the lastest Version 25 but also older Versions of List & Label. As Default the latest Version is used.

If you have an older Version you have to add a Line

Define USELLVERSION for xx

BEFORE the first include of cListLabel.pkg. You have to replace "xx" with the List & Label Version used, i.e. 24, 23, 22 and so on.

The needed List & Label DLL's are found in a Folder named "Redistribution" inside your List & Label Installation. In any Subfolder of the Installation there is also a file named "Redist.txt" where you find Infos which DLL's are needed.

If it still doesn't work try to copy the needed DLL's into your Workspace Programs Folder where your .exe is located.

HTH
    Regards
    Bernhard

Hi,

Toying a bit with List and label.
    But when I run the samples in 20.0 alpha 2 I get a reproducible Access Violation.

Run the order entry sample.
    Start the "List & Label Embedded Reports" view
    Click the "edit layout" button
    Select the "Drilldown report with chart and list.lsv"
    Close the designer
    Click the "edit layout" button again
    Select the "Drilldown report with chart and list.lsv" again

And I get Click image for larger version. 

Name:	List and Label GPF.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	13847

Well it happens for each second report you open

Peter
    Peter H. van Wijk
    X-Sources International B.V.
    X-Organize Consultancy N.V.

Hi Peter

Thanks for reporting! Unfortunately i can't reproduce the Issue here.

What Version of List & Label is running? Can you please start the Designer, press Ctrl+Shift+F12 and send me the displayed System Info? Are you running 32bit or 64bit?

Best Thanks
    Regards
    Bernhard

Sorry did forget the details.

version 25.02 (so latest service pack)
    64 bits.

[QUOTE]
    Move (LLDefineLayoutEf(piJobNumber(Self),hWnd,sText,iTy pe,sFile)) to iRet
    [/CODE]

In the call

Code:
    Function LLDefineLayout Handle hWnd String sText Integer iType String sFile Returns Integer
    Peter
    Peter H. van Wijk
    X-Sources International B.V.
    X-Organize Consultancy N.V.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the Infos. Seems to be a Problem with List & Label SP2. After installing the Service Pack i get the exception too.

I will contact Combit about the Problem and will report here again.

Regards
    Bernhard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast