Thread: Problem Resolution Panel reporting nonsense

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problem Resolution Panel reporting nonsense

Are there any known current issues with the Problem Resolution Panel in DataFlex 2020 Technical Preview 2?

I just tried migrating a large application to DF20 to test the lie of the land, and whilst I got some expected warnings and compiler errors (mainly all around not using PointerToString and also lots of ToOEM and ToANSI references to address) I certainly wasn't expecting to see so many things reported in the Problem Resolution Panel, especially as in 19.1 there are no issues reported at all.

But on closer inspection, what was/is (still) being reported is nonsense. Things like:

"Undefined superclass 'cdsRibb'. Verify that the correct Use declaration is present and/or that the superclass is defined before this time"

"Unable to find file: Dt000"

In both cases it is truncating the text. There is no such class "cdsRibb" (it should be cdsRibbonDisplayHeader) and no such table as "Dt000" (we have a "Dt0001" and a "Dt0002" etc)

Furthermore, clicking on the reported problem opens the file but at the very bottom - it certainly doesn't take me to where it thinks the problem is.

Anyone else seeing anything odd?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProblemResolution1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	13405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProblemResolution2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	13406  
    "My wife thinks I over-analyse our marriage, which, to be frank completely contradicts the findings of my report." - @MooseAllain