Thread: [DR 6.2] Possible issue with the Repeat group header on each page

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [DR 6.2] Possible issue with the Repeat group header on each page

Hi,

I think this may be a possible bug with the Repeat group header on each page setting in the Group Expert dialog.

I found that if the group starts a page on its own and is the first thing that is displayed on the new page, then the group is actually duplicated. By "on its own" I mean the report engine decides to start a new page because the next group cannot be fitted on to the same page anymore. No "new page after this group" or anything turned on.

Has anyone seen this behaviour and can advice on a workaround?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	13319

Thanks
    Regards,
    Rol

Default Re: [DR 6.2] Possible issue with the Repeat group header on each page

I suggest it may be similar to the issue i experience when the header displayed is actually for the next header.
    To make the report cleaner i ensure that in the group expert, group fields click in desired group then the settings icon and untick the "repeat group header on each page" box.

There is quite a bit of comment on the Dataflex Reports newsgroup about a possible bug which may have had a fix attempted.

It appears to me that the bug still exists.

To reproduce, tick the above box and insert enough lines to either have no detail lines before the new page and then one line on the first page.

Rol,

I haven't seen a problem with group headers like this. Can you make a - may be RDS based - report that can be ran and reviewed to see what is going on? Create a HDE ticket for this.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong

Hi Vincent,

I couldn't exactly replicate this issue with a RDS based report but I found another issue that could be somehow related, See HDE Ticket# 6629 for more details

Regards,
    Regards,
    Rol

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

I've seen issues with headers & footers in 6.2 (& 7) when you have a new page after the footer.
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Garret,

Please log these issues in HDE with a reproducable report so that we can either explain the working or change behavior.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

Will do - as soon as I get a minute
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green