Thread: Dataflex 9.1 & Printing DLL Error

Post Dataflex 9.1 & Printing DLL Error

I hope that someone is able to help me with this: we are currently unable to print reports from an old Visual Dataflex application since upgrading our infrastructure to a Windows 10 environment.

System info:
    Visual DataFlex 9.1.59.0 Client Engine
    Windows 10 laptop

When printing from the application, the following error occurs:

Unable to load DLL. CRPE32.DLL

Technical Details
    Error Number: 4356
    Line Number: 26064

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a reolution to this? I have located and registered the dll and placed it in the folder along with the app, to no avail.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by mr_sauce; 29-Nov-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Title change, made clearer

Default Re: Dataflex 9.1 & Printing DLL Error

Obviously it is really old but not sure if this helps

https://www.sagecity.com/support_com...-for-windows-7
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you realize how out-of-date both 9.1 & CRXI are - so I won't bore you with that...

Do you get any other sort of error? Have you looked at the event log? If it's a bad DLL (corrupted, etc.) there should be a Windows error. If not, then I'd think it most likely that the system is not finding it. You have it in the Programs folder of the workspace?

There are various DLLs & such that all need to be in the programs folder for CR to work correctly. I don't remember offhand all the names, but if a DLL that CRPE32 depends on is missing, that could also cause it.
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Focus View Post
    Obviously it is really old but not sure if this helps

https://www.sagecity.com/support_com...-for-windows-7
    Thanks for this, I have tried this, with no luck.

Out-of-date just about covers the situation

I can't find a log/event file locally which would provide me with more info.

I have the dll in various locations, including the Programs folder but I am still unable to print...

Somewhere in Vermont, USA - unless I'm not

I'd look in the Windows Event Log (type Event Viewer into the box on the left side of the task bar).

This post may help in finding all the required files list/locations in the Help:

https://support.dataaccess.com/Forum...light=required
    Garret

Time for an oldie but goodie:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Garret,

I think that the CRPE32.DLL in this case isn't CRW vXI but - at the best - CRW v9.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong

Mr Sauce,

If you really want to know, invest time to find out, why CRPE32.DLL can't load I advise you to download dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and see what is missing.

And you already know that both products are really, really old by now and no-one can really support this in combination with Windows 10. These products pre-date Windows 95. The best advise is to migrate the whole project to the newest DataFlex version and migrate the reports to DataFlex Reports. Yes, depending on the size of the project, this can be a time consuming and therefore expensive operation but there is no future in this old DataFlex version (and in combination with CRW) and the current Windows versions. If you need help with conversion contact developers here or the consulting department of Data Access North America.
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong