Thread: 2020 Driver question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2020 Driver question

Sorry, I gotta ask. Reading the document and I understand starting with the MS-SQL driver first, and read where others will follow. Will the PSQL driver be one of the drivers that gets updated?

Thanks
    Mark

Default Re: 2020 Driver question

Mark,

The current PSQL (Btrieve) driver should work in compatibility mode, limited to 32-bit and no Unicode support. The final decision to create an updated version that would support 64-bit and Unicode has not yet been decided, but is not likely. The updated DataFlex ODBC driver (that will support 64-bit and Unicode) would be able to be used with the PSQL SQL interface, but I'm assuming that is not the intent of your question.
    Best regards,

-SWM-

Stephen- I can live without the Unicode, but the lake of 64-bit would be disappointing.
    Thanks for the update though.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen W. Meeley View Post
    The current PSQL (Btrieve) driver should work in compatibility mode, limited to 32-bit and no Unicode support. The final decision to create an updated version that would support 64-bit and Unicode has not yet been decided, but is not likely. The updated DataFlex ODBC driver (that will support 64-bit and Unicode) would be able to be used with the PSQL SQL interface, but I'm assuming that is not the intent of your question.
    Wait, what!? Can you clarify this, because it sounds like you are basically saying the PSQL (Btrieve) driver is being obsoleted.

We're looking forward to 64-bit and Unicode, but we run exclusively Pervasive.
    // Anders

Us to Anders! PSQL still just works and fits perfect for us.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Powers View Post
    Us to Anders! PSQL still just works and fits perfect for us.
    Mark
    #me too
    I should be on a beach ...

For one of my current projects at Global Blue in Austria it would be great if we could support both SQL Server and Pervasive.SQL with Unicode.
    Best regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

For us Peter is it still about the "ZEN" PSQL used to advertise "Zero Effort Networking". PSQL has worked for over 20 years for us and still does to this day! Actian still supports it heavily with regular updates and great new features (that I can't take advantage of because DAW is choosing to not support what they used to recommend). Anyone who says MS-SQL is easy if full of something.
    Mark