Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cooper View Post
Personally, I can never get GitHub to work for me... Obviously I just don't understand it, but I have squandered hours trying to browse around it and just totally get frustrated and give up.
People say the same about vdf-guidance

Personally I think that github has its place. I have an account down there and use it for some -non DataFlex- things.
It is not bad (gosh it's hugely commercial, it shouldn't be). It isn't a bad thing to have your DataFlex project down there, it's a choice and every developer is free to make that choice.

I'm not sure I am buying the "having DataFlex projects down there will increase the amount of DataFlex developers" mantra.
A lot of other things would have to happen for that and most -if not all- is not in our hands.
However some extra visibility or acknowledgement that DataFlex is an active programming language doesn't hurt either.

But I also think that vdf-guidance has its place.
It's smaller, more community centered and not commercial, eg. we're not flush with money to spent on enhancing/improving the platform.

They are different things, but both offer features for hosting your software projects.
Having a choice is a great thing.

--
Wil