Thread: Not having MultiColumn reports is ridiculous!

Default Not having MultiColumn reports is ridiculous!

I have been fighting an RDS report to simulate a MultiColumn report for 4 days now. And everytime I deliver the report to my customer.... he asks for more fields.... then I have to spend hours & hours adding the same thing 9 times (in the RDS structure, in the report layout and finally in the code)!

Come on! This 2019! This is a serious shortcoming! Crystal had this feature in 2005 (possibly before)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MultiColumn reports.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	13084

Now, the cherry on the top, is the user asking for 3 levels of grouping! That's a lot more code! I simply refused to do it and told the customer that I can rewrite the entire thing in Crystal. It's faster to start from scratch this report than just continuing this dead end.

DR already has label reports for several versions now, why can't you just enable all of the sections: headers, groups, page footer, etc.?

BTW: This is the same (best customer I have) complaining about the shortcomings of the Excel export!

Default Re: Not having MultiColumn reports is ridiculous!

Hello Boris,

Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish and what the data structure is but did you look at using subreports?
    They work very well in conjunction with RDS

PS I've created a small program that generates the DR data structure JSON file from the filelist. Beats typing.

Roel

Default Re: Not having MultiColumn reports is ridiculous!

It can't be done with subreports.

Basically, I need a Labels report with the page header, grouping, etc, enabled.

DAW is 90% there already....