Having been inspired by the Video on using MySQL etc. I have converted one of my databases to MySQL for testing. I must say I'm impressed by its performance.
I've now turned my attention to using SQL Filters and have run into a problem which appears to be in the SQLStrLike function (19.1). I have a Webapp with a simple, single table Grid. At the top of the Grid panel I have a form with a prompt into which I can type some search characters to load an SQL filter in the On_Constrain procedure. Using SQLStrLike it doesn't work. Writing the filter manually does. This is the test code:
    Object oCustomer_DD is a cCUSTOMERDataDictionary
        Set pbUseDDSQLFilters to True
        Procedure OnConstrain
            String sUseSQLStrLike sUseManualLike sSearchStr
            Integer iFile iField
            Get Main_File                           to iFile
            Field_Map iFile "NAME"                  to iField
            WebGet psValue of oFilter               to sSearchStr
        Move "WINE" to sSearchStr
            Get SQLStrLike iField sSearchStr        to sUseSQLStrLike
            Constrain CUSTOMER.STATUS eq "A" 
            Move ("NAME LIKE '%"+sSearchStr+"%'")   to sUseManualLike
            Set psSQLFilter                         to sUseSQLStrLike     // List is Blank
            Set psSQLFilter                         to sUseManualLike     // Filter works
Notice that the SQLStrLike filter has double quotes around the field name while the manual code doesn't. Those quotes around the field name prevent the filter from working.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SQLFilter.PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	12969
Of course, if the Search function which is built into the Grid did a full text search in javascript on the browser (lightning fast) instead of just looking at the first word (like we did in the 1980's), I wouldn't need to bother with doing it this way.