Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has skinning your apps still supported?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Has skinning your apps still supported?

Hi guys,

I've migrated all my win and web apps from 18.2 to 19.1. Naturally, I need to go through all of them and test them for correct operation.

One thing I have already noticed is that if a skin is selected, whether hardcoded or via (in my case) a skinning selector available from a pulldown Tools menu, there is a problem with "repainting the screen". For example, if a selection list is popped up over the currently displayed view, or another view is displayed over the top of another view, some colours and lines are left behind on the view beneath. It was fine in 18.2, but not so in 19.1. While I realise there have been big changes with 19.1, is there going to be a fix for this, or is skinning simply not supported any more???

Some of my clients rather like to be able to choose their own skin theme, so it would be rather disappointing to have to inform them that it no longer available.
    Regards,
    Rachael Warlond

1) When programming, never reinvent the wheel.
    2) If it works, leave well enough alone.

Default Re: Has skinning your apps still supported?

Hi Rachel,

First of all your skinning files (styles) need to be up-to-date. It looked like CodeJock had given up skinning, but in the latest beta version there is a new Windows10.cjstyles. This looks good in combination with the Office 2016 themes. See the post here.
    Best regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

Hi Peter,

Would you mind sending those skins my way? I don't subscribe to the full suite of CodeJock any longer simply because I have had little use for them.

However, I would like to run some tests with the new Win 10 skins. I think you've got my email address?
    Nils Svedmyr
    RDC Tools International
    www.rdctools.com

"The problem with internet quotes is that you don't know if they are true."
    Abraham Lincoln

Hi Nils,

I have got your email address and I have send them. Good luck with the skins.
    Best regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

Thanks. I have now run some tests on the Win 10 skins under DF 19.1. What I found was that it does seem to handle popup modals better. In earlier revisions (don't know if it was the skins or DF version), popups tended to get smaller and smaller (from the right hand side) on each popup. That behavior is now gone, which is good.

The only thing I could find was that dbContainer3d objects with the default "3D" setting still bleeds through to the underlying object at the edges. However, to me that is of no concern as I dislike those raised 3D boxes anyway. Or one could set the property Border_Style to:

Set Border_Style to Border_Normal (for dbContainer3d objects - or rather in a subclass)

Have you found any drawbacks/bugs with these skins under 19.1?
    Nils Svedmyr
    RDC Tools International
    www.rdctools.com

"The problem with internet quotes is that you don't know if they are true."
    Abraham Lincoln

The New StatPnl.pkg

Code:
    //New StatPnl.pkg // Modified version of DAC's StatPnl.pkg which contains the skin framework fixes and also // introduces the Cancel_Button_Visible_State property for use when you do not wish a Cancel // button to be displayed. Take note though that Cancel_Button_Visible_State is totally // ignored if Allow_Cancel_State is True!!! // // StatPnl.pkg - creates the standard status_panel object. // // // This is the default Status Panel object used by any of the DataFlex classes that // invoke the standard status panel. The standard has always been that the package name // is StatPnl.pkg and the name of the object is Status_Panel. As of 12.0, there are major // changes in the way the status panel operates The Sentinel based external status panel used in // prior revisions has been replace with status panel that is part of the application. // This should work much better and faster than the old sentinel based solution. // While the way this operates has changed, the interface has not and therefore this should work // with most applications. // // As of 12.0, we have added a global handle that contains the object ID of this status panel. // This variable ghoStatusPanel can be used in place of the object name Status_Panel. This provides // a cleaner more robust interface. // // // Compatibility Note: // // When used in the standard way, this change will require no changes. A developer will only need to // change their code if they've modified the sentinel program, which was a difficult thing to do. // // If for some reason you application will not work using this as a replacement for the old status // panel, you've probably done something special with the old status-panel. If you don't want to // figure out how to use the new one and you want to continue using the old one you are going to need // to add some code to include the old status panel in your application. Add the following to your project (your src). // // Use StatPnl.pkg // Make sure you load the new status panel object first. this is not optional! // Use OldStatPnl.pkg // load the old status panel. Status_Panel is now this old object // // If you do this, you will lose access to the new status-panel via Status_Panel. However, you // can still access the new object via the ghoStatusPanel handle. // // // Creating your own Status Panel objects // // If a developer wishes to create a custom panel, they should use this package as their template. // This panel can be visually modeled and changed any way you wish. Just save your new custom panel // with a different file and object name and direct your status panel request to the new object. // // If the new panel changes the interface and updates objects that are not currently defined, you // want to make sure you send the message ProcessEvents after you've updated the object. This allows // the object to paint when inside of a tight loop. For example, if you wanted to add a progress // bar (cProgressBar) you would want to Send ProcessEvents after you update the progress bar. // e.g. // Procedure UpdateStatusBar // Send DoAdvance of oProgressBar // Send ProcessEvents // End_Procedure // // Of course, if you use the standard interfaces in status bar and your forward send these // messages this will be done for you. // // the standard Interface for status panels are: // // Send Initialize_StatusPanel - initializes values for caption, title & message // Send Start_StatusPanel - start the status panel // Send Stop_StatusPanel - stop the status panel // Send Update_StatusPanel - update the status panel's action area // Get Check_StatusPanel - check for cancel (if cancel or pbCancel is set, close the panel) // // Get/Set Caption_Text - updates the caption bar // Get/Set Title_Text - updates the title area // Get/Set Message_Text - updates the Message area // Get/Set Action_Text - updates the action area // Get/Set Button_Text - updates the button area // // Get/Set Allow_cancel_state - determines if panel can be canceled // Send EnableCancelButton - code you should provide to enable/disable cancel button // // Get/Set Cancel_Button_Visible_State - if panel cannot be cancelled, this determines if the cancel button is visible or not // // ghoStatusPanel - global handle that points to the standard status panel. Use cProcessStatusPanel.pkg Use cCJSkinFramework.pkg #IFNDEF ghoStatusPanel Global_Variable Handle ghoStatusPanel // will contain the ID of the global StatusPanel object #ENDIF Object Status_Panel is a cProcessStatusPanel Property Boolean Cancel_Button_Visible_State True Move Self to ghoStatusPanel // this can be used throughout your applicaton to access this object Set Size to 80 166 // 20161105 - begin // When a ModalPanel (although it could be any object which has its Popup_State set to True) // is continuously called it gets smaller and smaller each time it is invoked. // This only happens when using the skin framework and this totally fixes the problem - 100% perfect. // Refer to Procedure Activate for this fix. // Also note that if you set piMinSize within a ModalPanel, this will also cause the right and bottom // edge to not get paged properly. Additionally, setting an icon within the object will be totally ignored, // so refer Procedure Page below which fixes both of these problems. Procedure Activate Integer iSize Get GuiSize to iSize Forward Send Activate Set GuiSize to (Hi(iSize)) (Low(iSize)) Send Adjust_Logicals End_Procedure // Procedure Page Integer iPageObject // Integer iSize // Set Icon to "" // Replace this with your chosen icon. // Get piMinSize to iSize // If (iSize <> 0) Set piMinSize to (Hi(iSize)) (Low(iSize) + 1) // Forward Send Page iPageObject // End_Procedure Procedure Page Integer iPageObject Integer hWnd Set Icon to "" // Replace this with your chosen icon. Get Window_Handle to hWnd If ((ghoSkinFramework <> 0) and (hWnd <> 0)) Send ComRemoveWindow to ghoSkinFramework hWnd Forward Send Page iPageObject Get Window_Handle to hWnd If ((ghoSkinFramework <> 0) and (hWnd <> 0)) Send ComApplyWindow to ghoSkinFramework hWnd End_Procedure // 20161105 - end Object oTitleTxt is a TextBox set location to 10 10 Set Auto_Size_State to False Set size to 20 150 Set Justification_Mode to JMode_Center end_object object oMessageTxt is a TextBox Set location to 25 10 Set Auto_Size_State to False Set size to 20 150 end_object object oActionTxt is a TextBox set location to 45 10 end_object object oStopButton is a Button Set Location to 60 58 Set Label to C_$Cancel procedure OnClick send Close_panel end_procedure end_object // These messages bind the standard cProcessStatusPanel interface to the actual // objects defined within this instance of the status panel. // note: all of the messages that change text should be forwarded // as the forwarded messages allows the panel to paint when in a tight loop Procedure Set Message_Text string sText Set Label of oMessageTxt to sText Forward Set Message_Text to sText End_Procedure Function Message_Text returns string Function_Return (Label(oMessageTxt)) End_Function Procedure Set Action_Text string sText Set Label of oActionTxt to sText Forward Set Action_Text to sText End_Procedure Function Action_Text returns string Function_Return (Label(oActionTxt)) End_Function Procedure Set Button_Text string sText Set Label of oStopButton to sText Forward Set Button_Text to sText End_Procedure Function Button_Text returns string Function_Return (Label(oStopButton)) End_Function Procedure Set Title_Text string sText Set Label of oTitleTxt to sText Forward Set Title_Text to sText End_Procedure Function Title_Text returns string Function_Return (Label(oTitleTxt)) End_Function // gets called when status panel is activated passing whether a button // should appear Procedure EnableCancelButton Boolean bEnable Boolean bVisible Get Cancel_Button_Visible_State to bVisible If (bEnable = False) Begin Set Visible_State of oStopButton to bVisible End Set Enabled_State of oStopButton to bEnable End_Procedure End_Object

Last edited by Rachael; 10-Jul-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    Regards,
    Rachael Warlond

1) When programming, never reinvent the wheel.
    2) If it works, leave well enough alone.

Hi Peter..
    I bought CJ 18.6.0 and I am testing with df 19.1
    Would like to try this windows 10 theme.
    Is it possible to send to me ?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Peter van Mil View Post
    Hi Rachel,

First of all your skinning files (styles) need to be up-to-date. It looked like CodeJock had given up skinning, but in the latest beta version there is a new Windows10.cjstyles. This looks good in combination with the Office 2016 themes. See the post here.

Hi Ezequiel,

If you have bought CJ 18.6.0 you can download it at CodeJock yourself. If this isn't possible or convenient you can send me an e-mail to peter at appvantage dot nl.
    I am willing to help, but I have to respect software licenses.
    Best regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

Hi Peter

Yes I bought , but windows 10 style not appear on my skins list.
    I am looking for some workaround for a bug with CJ and Skin.
    Using codes below the TextBox Object using transparente_state to true not work fine, so I thought to change skin to windows 10 style to test. I am almost forgetting to use skins...

Code:
    Object oSkin is a cCJSkinFramework
        Set psSkinFile to "Office2010.cjstyles"
        Set psSkinIni to "NormalBlue.ini"
    End_Object
    And
    Code:
    Procedure OnCreateCommandBars
       Forward Send OnCreateCommandBars
       Get LoadResourceImagesFromFile "Office2010.dll" "Office2010Blue.ini" to bOk 
       Set peVisualTheme to xtpThemeResource  
    End_procedure
    In SigCJ Demo, works like charm , maybe may I have to copy some dll/skin ini file to my project ?

Thank you

Ezequiel

Hi Ezequiel,

If you have bought CJ 18.6.0 you can download it at CodeJock yourself. If this isn't possible or convenient you can send me an e-mail to peter at appvantage dot nl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skin.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	12937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Login.PNG 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	12938  

Hi Peter

Maybe I not to been clear enough.

The licence I bought, I am looking for just another style , in this case windows 10

Thank you again

Hi Ezequiel,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast