Hello,

I have a potential new client who will run a VDF17 application, on 6 old client PCs, data files would be on a old windows' server, but he wants to use a newer server for that new application, and keep his old server for his older application.
SO he wants to buy a new server, but changing to a new server will require new client computers, and owner not thrilled by the perspective of such a cost.

A company contacted me through a common friend, and told me we can set up a single instance of the application on a 'cloud' server (windows 2019 standard) to which different low-end clients (desktop computers, laptops, even tablets) will be able to connect and run the application at the same time, and the cost for this kind of solution would be a fraction of the cost to entirely replace the hardware client has so far.

They set up 2 logins for me to test the solution, so I installed VDF's client run time, and the application from the 1st connection/login and the application indeed ran as expected.
I then logged in using the 2nd connection he set up for me, the credentials used have full administrator rights just like the 1st connection, and I thought that just placing a shortcut on the desktop, would be enough to run the application as 'another' user, but the application doesn't run, I am getting an error message "Invalid VDF17 Registration Code"
The license I am using is a run time license for VDF17, for up to 20 users.

The registration files are where they should be, I gave explicitly access to all the needed folders to 'Everyone' with full rights, the second VM login cannot run the app.
I tried re-installing the run time from that 2nd login to the VM, still getting the same error message.

I am sure this should somehow be do-able, but it seems I am missing something important. How should that installation be done, to allow different connections to that single VM/server to run the application.
We tried other apps (other EXE files, they had no issue running)

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions...

Yannis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-08_10-16-01.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	12930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-08_10-17-33.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	12931