Thread: Exception code 0xc0000005 on startup of <19.1 DF applications

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Exception code 0xc0000005 on startup of <19.1 DF applications

So... this is frustrating: the IT guy didn't do what we were expecting, but got it working, quit on the customer, and apparently isn't talking to them anymore. (According to our tech that has been working with this customer, there is something of a soap opera situation going on.)

He apparently used a system restore point to roll back the OS update. The workstation is now running version 1803 (two versions back by my research) and not getting any exception errors.

I may see if our IT dept can get a copy of ESET to test with on the Windows 10 1903 workstation they put together.

EDIT: Our IT dept originally did put a trial version of ESET on the test workstation, and it was working fine here.

So, I suspect something went wrong with the OS update. Customer is paranoid about installing Windows updates now, and I'm going to work on a 19.1 distribution for our software as soon as possible.

The trouble with these situations from our end is it is impossible to debug, and the priority is to get things working again, at which point you can't reproduce the problem making it more impossible to debug...
    Last edited by matthewd; 17-Jun-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Best regards,

Matt Davidian
    Datatech
    Fresno, CA
    www.datatechag.com