Thread: Amazon to Disable S3 Path-Style Access

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amazon to Disable S3 Path-Style Access

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ss-censorship/

If anyone is using Chilkat or other means to access S3 resources this might have an impact.
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

Default Re: Amazon to Disable S3 Path-Style Access

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for posting this info. I have a project for a customer that will require connecting to an S3 bucket. I have not yet done this and I couldn't find much info on the forums about connecting to one. On the ChilKat site, I saw that there is a specific call for more than 1000 items in a bucket (https://www.example-code.com/datafle...00_objects.asp). Have you had to use this with your set up?

This customer is taking a current local share and moving it to an S3 bucket. The way the local share would work is that all files were stored in a single directory and a unique identifier (Order #) was used as the first part of the file name. I could then search the directory for files starting with that and display them in a grid. Can you do something similar of looping through a directory on an S3 bucket?

Thanks,

Gerry

Default Re: Amazon to Disable S3 Path-Style Access

Hi Gerry,

Amazon backed off on disabling the path-style access due to backlash from users.

I don't know about iteration of the objects in a S3 bucket. What I would do is something recently done for a customer. Stand up a AWS Storage Gateway device and do an SMB share to the S3 bucket. The S3 bucket then appears in Windows just a like a network shared folder.

-Chuck
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."