We are still looking but I have identified another KB from Microsoft that is causing problems. I've also found an interesting article from Forbes naming this. What we could be looking at is a combination of this update with certain Virus software as the culprit. This would explain why some are not having an issue and some are.

KB4493509

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#f1d6727d27f7

From the article:
Just one week after freezing Windows 10 computers with an earlier update, Microsoft has warned users of serious new problems with another. Writing on the page of update KB4493509, Microsoft has confirmed the update can freeze PCs both in operation and boot up.
Freezes in operation are more likely to impact business PCs as it impacts Cluster Shared Volumes (CSVs), though the lock-ups which “may cause the system to become unresponsive upon restart after installing this update” are caused by conflicts with antivirus software. Microsoft calls out ArcaBit, but in TenForums a number of other brands seem to be affected too.
Henry

Quote Originally Posted by hsheldon View Post
Stephen et al.
I think we have good news. It's early to say for sure but we were able to pinpoint a windows update that caused this. We found a workstation that only took two updates last week. We uninstalled one of these updates and everything went back to working normally.

KB4493464 Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

We are looking at this update and trying to figure out why it affects some machines and not others. For now, we are suggesting un-installing this update and seeing if everything is fixed.

Henry