Today I converted a clients embedded data to SQL and ran into a wierd problem.

The files converted fine to SQL2017 and I had no issues opening and accessing them on my development computer.

Then I uploaded them to my customers server and again everything opens fine, but ran into an issue when trying to open from a workstation.

If USE_CACHE is disabled, I get this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasp Software Corporation\Visual Grasp 4\Programs\vgprog.exe
General error. 22007 (241)--[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string. Table = GLSESS (47)

Error: 12289
Error Source = MSSQLDRV.Save

If USE_CACHE is enabled, I get this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasp Software Corporation\Visual Grasp 4\Programs\vgprog.exe
General error. HYC00 (0)--[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Optional feature not implemented Table = GLSESS (47)

Error: 12289
Error Source = MSSQLDRV.Save

This happens on the two workstations but not on the server. The Server and the workstations are all brand new Windows 10 computers.

Reading some of the forum posts, I see that the ODBC driver could be the cause. The server and the workstations all have ODBC 13 installed BUT the server version number says "2017-140-1000-169" whereas the workstations report "2015-131-4414-46" I even downloaded the ODBC driver 13 (and 13.1) from MS and they report a different number.

The mssqldrv.dll is identical on all computers.

SQL2017, DF18.2, MSSQLDRV.DLL is 6.1.0.32

Lastly, once I get past this error (and 1 more similar error), I seem to be able to work fine, but nothing gets saved to the GLSESS file when I am working from the Workstation, but does when I am working from the server itself

Any ideas?

M