Thread: Updating Calendar control to 18.6.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Updating Calendar control to 18.6.0

In our application we are using the CodeJock calendar control version 12.1 (2009!) to schedule appointments.
    It appears to be necessary to update the control to a more recent version. We now have a license for version 18.6.0

The cSigCJ package has been updated to version 18.4.0. Therefore I modified the SigCjLicense_v18.4.0.pkg to, the to this post attached, SigCjLicense_18.6.0.pkg. I verified it against the generated Codejock.Calendar.Unicode.X64.v18.6.0.pkg classes for the CLSID's and LicenseKey's

After modifying the SigCjLicense.pkg to point to SigCjLicense_v18.6.0.pkg the Calendar_v2\Calendar_Demo.vw compiles nicely and the calendars are presented. However…..
    I am not able to see any appointments or events, nor am I able to add a new event. I presume that double clicking on a time slot of a day would start the oSigCJCalendar_Event_Panel, but no joy.

Any suggestions on what went wrong in my thoughts to approach this matter or what I might have missed?

Cordially
    Cor
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cordially,
    Cor

Default Re: Updating Calendar control to 18.6.0

Hi Cor

Firstly, the wrapper are always based on the ANSI version - Codejock.Calendar.v18.4.0.ocx, they may be the same as the 64-bit Unicode IDs nut I have never checked.

Secondly, the Event class IDs changes around v18.0 so these will also need to be changed in the wrapper package.

If the control is displayed, then it would suggest that it is the Event IDs that are preventing data being displayed.

Also check which OCX you are using, the Unicode version may need the data passed to it converted from ANSI to Unicode.
    Ian Smith
    (Member of the SigCj project)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for responding.

To start of clean again, I unregistered the Codejock Calender ActiveX and uninstalled it.
    After installing and registering the ANSI version I had the IDE generate an new Calendar package. That one appears to be the same as the one previously generated.
    The demo still does not let me enter new events. Doubleclick does not popup anything.

Next bet will be to retrieve a 18.4.0 Codejock set of controls in order to test against the original SigCJ packages and demoes.
    Cordially,
    Cor

Hi Ian,

How it exactly works, I don't know. But DAW is also using the Unicode versions of CodeJock (at least with DF 19.0 and higher). This works and last year with another project we deployed these Unicode version of all controls. So switching back to ANSI versions is not needed.
    Regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

Oh bother, more work

I had not picked up on that. Assumption - the runtime is handling the ANSI / Unicode translation. (DAW any comments / insights that you can share?)

Peter, are you just using the Unicode versions instead of the ANSI versions or are you handling Unicode data with the controls?
    Ian Smith

Hi Ian,

I am just using the Unicode versions instead of the ANSI versions. I didn't make any modifications to my programs.
    Regards,

Peter van Mil
    Appvantage b.v.

Thanks Peter, that’s good news

So either the Runtime or the Controls are handling the character translation. I’ll not worry about this until we have first sight of “Next Gen”

Regards
    Ian Smith

Hi Ian,

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Smith View Post
    Hi Cor

Firstly, the wrapper are always based on the ANSI version - Codejock.Calendar.v18.4.0.ocx, they may be the same as the 64-bit Unicode IDs nut I have never checked.

Secondly, the Event class IDs changes around v18.0 so these will also need to be changed in the wrapper package.

If the control is displayed, then it would suggest that it is the Event IDs that are preventing data being displayed.

Also check which OCX you are using, the Unicode version may need the data passed to it converted from ANSI to Unicode.

Finally figured out that for the scheduler calendars also the package SigCjW_Calendar.pkg SigCjW_Calendar.pkg needed to be modified, the psEvenId properties to be precise. They now should read like:
    Code:
    Set psEventId to "{C0DE1860-...etc.....etc........}"
    For the other controls besides the Calendar the corresponding packages also ought to be modified. That probably is what you meant by "wrapper package".

Thanks for your assistance, very much appreciated!
    Cordially,
    Cor

Hi Ian,

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Smith View Post
    Hi Cor

Finally figured out that for the scheduler calendars also the package SigCjW_Calendar.pkg SigCjW_Calendar.pkg needed to be modified, the psEvenId properties to be precise. They now should read like:
    Code:
    Set psEventId to "{C0DE1860-...etc.....etc........}"
    For the other controls besides the Calendar the corresponding packages also ought to be modified. That probably is what you meant by "wrapper package".

Thanks for your assistance, very much appreciated!
    Cordially,
    Cor