About a week before DISD 2018, I was playing around with something along the lines of what you're looking for, Bob. I'll give you a little synopsis of what it is, what I did, and where the project currently sits.

There is a project out on the web called wwDotNetBridge that was written to use .Net code with Visual FoxPro. As far as I can tell, it does that by implementing a COM-callable interpreter using late binding. You use a few of their predefined method calls to load and instantiate your .Net DLL and then call the methods you want from your DLL with their built in functions. You have to pass the intended function call as a string, along with the values it needs. (I'm not overly fond of late binding and weak typing of variables and function calls, but if that's what is required, I guess there's not much choice...)

I couldn't get the downloaded pre-compiled code to work with DF 18.2. What I could do, though, was download the full project source from GitHub, compile it myself in Visual Studio 2017, and get it recognizable by DF.

Now, why haven't you heard me bragging about getting this working on here before? Well, there's a simple answer with 2 parts. First, I couldn't get it to work with .Net UI controls, which was one of my primary reasons for wanting this to work. It works fine with "code library" functions, but I couldn't get it to actually draw the control I wanted to use. I spent some time after one of the DISD sessions talking with John Tuohy and trying to work out what I'd probably need to implement to get it working. That leads to the 2nd part: time. I've been neck deep (or sometimes deeper) in a rewrite of a major part of our inventory system. Between that project, meetings, day-to-day fixes and other projects I've been assigned, I really haven't had time to mess with it more than a couple minutes here and there.

If Bob (or anyone else) wants to pick up where I've left off, I'll see if I can package it up, or if not, at least point you in the right direction...