Thread: File Access Violation - Observations will be greatly appreciated.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default File Access Violation - Observations will be greatly appreciated.

DF 18.2, Windows 7 workstations.
    A couple of Dataflex .VWs automatically write out new and edited jobs data to a textfile 'Jobfiles.Txt' such that another program can read in the data and apply it to several non-Dataflex systems. That program reads the data then deletes Jobfiles.Txt so that when Dataflex writes out the next job details it checks if it's been deleted and if it has then creates a new file and if it hasn't then appends the new data.

This has been working perfectly for a few years until last week when almost every attempted write out to Jobfiles.Txt gets the 'File access violation, file may be in use' error.

It's just a major headache for me simply because of the sudden change for absolutely no reason and those programs that write out the data have not been edited in years so there cannot be an accidental bug introduced into them, and nothing has changed in the engineer's network. Same workstations, same server, even same operators and they have been running DF 18.2 since it was released.

I'm completely stumped here. It's such a straight forward process and has worked 100% for years, now doesn't and I can't figure out a way to program around it even because I haven't a clue what could be causing it.

Any/All observations will be greatly appreciated.
    Frank

Edit: I'm not using specific channels as there are so few program modules requiring Direct_Output and Direct_Input that's it's never been an issue. Just accepting the default channel 0.
    Last edited by Frank Neill; 6-Sep-2018 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Additional Information