Thread: MSSQL New fields

Default MSSQL New fields

hi all

I need to add fields to the database (mssql). I have done it before with DF and it had worked well because the tables that the new field received were not used in the program that I execute. Today I want to do it but it generates an error in .INT file. I conclude that I must do it on MSSQL directly without going through any calls through DF.

Does anyone have any resources developed for this?

Edgar

Default Re: MSSQL New fields

You can add the new fields in the Table editor in the studio. It will change the INT. Maybe you have .CCH files? If so delete them.
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

It is certainly possible to make table changes through DataFlex code. Usually you do that with structure_start/structure_end and set_attribute commands.
    What error did you get?

There are alternatives if you want. For example Nils' Database Update Framework. Or you can use a tool like SQL Examiner.
    Best regards,
    Data Access Worldwide

Martin Moleman

hi Chuck/Martin

The idea is to develop a small program to run on the client's site to add / modify fields of the DB (SQL).
    I solved it using the sentence:

Move "MSSQLDRV: dbo # customer @ SERVER = DFCONNID = MFXXXXXXID" to sConecta

Which comes with the help of DF, replacing "customer" at run time with the table to be modified.

the fields to be modified would be in a native table with its description and table to be altered.

thanks for your attention

Edgar