Thread: Multiple sites needed?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Multiple sites needed?

Hi Jcushing,

It's Ian Vagg here. I notice your interest in the work I did last year on combining mobile and desktop views into the same project and realize that the website referenced in the posts was not currently running but was also out of date. The link where you can see it operating and download the workspace is http://mdt3.vagg.biz/WebOrderMobileDT3 . This is on my development machine in AWS which I normally shut down overnight (in Australia) but I will leave it running for the rest of the week in case you are interested. I notice that the documentation is a bit out of date with the current workspace. The main changes are:-

• This version uses the Mobile header panel/breadcrumb for both Desktop and Mobile views which I prefer. If you want to use the Command Bar for Desktop views, I do have code to do that and will post it here on request.

• I had come to the conclusion that normal DD prompt behaviour did not work in a Mobile environment which was correct, it is deliberately disabled when peWebViewStyle is set to wvsMobile as it must be for every view in a mobile application. However, that same restriction does not apply to cWebForms (and probably other controls). cWebForms do not have their own peWebViewStyle property, rather they inherit it from the view. By adding this property to a cWebForm object and setting it to wvsDesktop, normal DD prompt behaviour will be available in any cWebForm object where pbPromptButton is set to True. To simplify things, I have created a subclass named cWebFormDT.pkg which is in the downlaod and can safely be used for any cWebForm object in a Desktop view whether you want a prompt or not. So ignore all the stuff about writing your own cWebModalDialogs

After doing this work, I have come to the conclusion that developing the one application to suit both Desktop and Mobile users is possible.

Incidentally, forgive the pictures of Porsches all over the desktop home screen. That was a bit of whimsy when Roel remarked that I wasn't making much use of the Desktop real estate, so I showed him! We had previously found that we were both Porsche enthusiasts and those are generic pictures of past and present cars we have owned.
    Ian

Edit: I notice that, under some circumstances, a second header panel shows below the main one. I had forgotten this bug. I don't have time at the moment to figure it out but, if you do, I'd be interested to know the fix.
    Last edited by Ianv; 10-Apr-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    The most important leg on a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
    Murphy's Law (2)