Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mullan View Post
If they grow, they should also be able to afford it. They are playing in the big leagues now...

When the customer has hit this kind of growth milestone, it is past time to point out the value that is in their Computer Systems, yes it bites to pay Micro$oft $$$ for what seems to be the same product, but it's been free all these years to allow you to grow.

Also, what is the development cost involved wit a full regression test and the code changes and the training needed to switch back-ends? I know DF is 'portable' and you can change the back end, but I've never suggested to a customer that this is a good idea, except at the very beginning of a DB application / Project.
Thanks Michael, I do agree with you.
But since we now also are talking development there is another aspect to this. We also have a saas environment. Still very small. But if/when it gets bigger the Micro$$$oft would take a big bite of the paycheck . If it is possible to use a free version with the same/better functionality and performance it might be worth the developement time.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk