Frank,

Considering your experience with both DataFlex and multiple languages, I'm thrilled to see your level excitement. And, your questions are fair so I'll do my best to answer them...

As I wrote, we're just not ready to discuss details yet - we don't have all of the answers. Getting into the weeds now will actually slow down moving the work ahead to the point that we can discuss it. And, granular questions without an overall design context will just lead to more questions and more questions (and more time). Our objective therefore is to get the design and a degree of implementation done to the point that we can present the overall concept and fill in details. Some questions will be answered by a higher level conceptual perspective and more detailed disclosures and follow-up questions from developers will fit into that perspective more meaningfully. To conclude, although it might seem a bit harsh, for now, yes, "sit and wait for the next update" is what you'll have to do. But, know that we want to have the project evolved to the point that we can discuss it and take questions at least as much as you do!

The decision to announce these projects now was a matter of balance. As is likely at HCSS, there is a need for DAW to have undisclosed, behind-the-scenes work going on because research and initial planning and design don't fit into a scheduled project plan - you don't know what you don't know especially with something this big and complex. Accordingly, unannounced work has been going on since last summer. While there is a need for privacy in the early stages, given the kind of product/platform that DataFlex is, our customers need to plan months and sometimes years in advance at both technical and business levels. DataFlex's direction can materially influence customer plans so, with what we know now and the confidence that we have in accomplishing what we need to do, the time was right to make high-level disclosures. We do want to generate excitement but not, at least intentionally, frustration. And, from a planning perspective, we want to provide enough information so customers can continue their reliance on DataFlex because they know what to expect in the future.

HTH...