If I create an empty function it can be added to the report. Right click on the object shows the alternative Edit Function, Field Properties can be shown and everything seems to be OK.

But if the report is saved and opened again the function is removed, the visual object is still there, but Edit Property gives an error, Edit Function are not shown and the function could not be set from integration, adding the function again doesn't help.

This seems to be a change between version 5 and 6. I had a lot of empty functions in 5.0 because they was always set thrue the integration, there was no problem under 5.0 but now when I have have migrataed them to 6.1 all those functions are removed and the only solution I have found is to remove the visual object, create the function again with a return value or just a comment and add the field to the report again.

Maybe it's not a good idea to have empty functions, but if it's not allowed I should have got a warning during save, otherwise they should not be removed.

/Anders Nilsson