Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Hammer 3 beta

Default Re: Hammer 3 beta

amazing work as usual. Will play later today as I've some character mode to look at
    I should be on a beach ...

Hi,

A new hammer has arrived.

Compiles and runs in DataFlex 19.1

Find in Files dialog now has an option to filter out the results which are in comments. See also feature request 111

Fixes an issue with the connection dialog where it would only popup the auto-login dialog the first time when changing workspaces. On subsequential changes between workspaces it would not popup the auto login dialog, but instead abort with a unable to login error.

addresses a rare crash. If you manage to get the parser to crash, then the treeview in the code explorer is no longer displayed and as such trying to use setdata on a treeview that is not on screen will trigger a GPF.

Running any custom option from the source menu will pause the hammer. Eg. Open current file in Studio stops your ability to edit in the Hammer at the same time. We now only use runprogram wait if a transfer file is passed.

--
    Wil

An update.

The vWin32fh packages have been moved to a library under the Libraries subfolder and they are using the very latest one from vdf-guidance.

As it turned out the new feature "Exclude comments" in Find in Files sometimes did not always filter the results correctly. This should now behave properly.

Then I noticed that the Hammer did not treat a database connection error with grace when the database server could not be reached.
    DAWs default connection logic to halt makes sense for most applications, but not for an editor, so by overriding that bit of connection logic, it now works as expected. After the connection times out it will mention that it can't reach the database server, but no longer abort.

Besides that there's a lot of code cleanup using the Cleanmarkers project as well as using Starzen's excellent codesource explorer tool.
    This work is in progress, not even close to done.

--
    Wil

Will,

I getting the errors below when I try to compile the latest version of Hammer:

- 16 ERRORS HAVE BEEN FOUND.
    ----Compile Finished (With Errors!)----
    ----Compiler Error Summary----
    - Error 4298: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 484) Comando não encontrado TVWIN32FINDDATA
    - Error 4345: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 511) Erro na checagem de tipo FINDDATA.NFILESIZELOW, MUST BE DEFINED
    -- Error 4328: Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.NFILESIZELOW
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 516) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.DWFILEATTRIBUTES
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 543) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.NFILESIZEHIGH
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 544) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.NFILESIZELOW
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 547) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTCREATIONLOWDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 548) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTCREATIONHIGHDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 551) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTLASTACCESSLOWDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 552) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTLASTACCESSHIGHDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 555) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTLASTWRITELOWDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 556) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.FTLASTWRITEHIGHDATETIME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 512) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 515) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.CFILENAME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 534) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA.CALTERNATEFILENAME
    - Error 4328: Y:\Libraries\Hammer\Pkg\cFileBrowser.pkg (ln 565) Símbolo não definido em argumento FINDDATA

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the report.

It could be due to two things.

1) you are using DataFlex 18.1 and it doesn't see the library (somehow my .sws file had the library removed due to some testing down here). I have uploaded a new zip which has that corrected.

and/or
    2) you unzipped on top of a previous Hammer3 workspace, which is actually what I normally recommend. However in this particular scenario you still have old packages, vwin32fh.pkg, vwin32.h and cvFileDialogs.pkg in the pkg folder. You should delete those as they are now in the library, the errors are because the old type definitions have been replaced with moderner structs.

--
    Wil

Quote Originally Posted by wila View Post
    Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the report.

It could be due to two things.

1) you are using DataFlex 18.1 and it doesn't see the library (somehow my .sws file had the library removed due to some testing down here). I have uploaded a new zip which has that corrected.

and/or
    2) you unzipped on top of a previous Hammer3 workspace, which is actually what I normally recommend. However in this particular scenario you still have old packages, vwin32fh.pkg, vwin32.h and cvFileDialogs.pkg in the pkg folder. You should delete those as they are now in the library, the errors are because the old type definitions have been replaced with moderner structs.

--
    Wil
    Will,

I have deleted the old folder and now it's worked.

Thank you!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567